Thread: Auto Recyclers
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
53fatfndr
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1970Custom
Not many places have 54-56 parts They had what I was looking for and if not could get it from another yard the next day (I was a regular in there before college).

C-bass is a bit out of the way, only reason I hit North Verdie is because I was done with class early. They also don't have sales tax.
I only know of one salvage yard that has parts for '53-'56 Fords and they are in California. That being said, I have never looked for '53-'56 parts from Red Line or any junk yard Red Line did have a rear sump oil pan for a 400 I was looking for, though. Any junk yard is hit or miss. What gets me more than anything is calling these outfits and they say they have it (and they don't), or they'll go "look" (yeah, right), and they will "call you back", (which they never do). I've never been to North Verdie. I think the biggest problem is these places don't inventory what they have coming in well enough, so they lose a few sales because of it. CBASS might be a bit out of the way, but if they have what I need, I'll drive over there rather than wait for a return phone call that I know isn't going to happen. Interestingly enough, Red Line is the place that recommended CBASS to me when they didn't have what I was looking for. Now, don't get me started on the junk yards over on Garrity Like I said, junk yards are hit or miss.

Last edited by 53fatfndr; 05-11-2007 at 02:31 PM.