View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Toothman
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you know about Aussie F-Trucks?

In a recent post from "Natho" I mentioned that there should be a comprehensive Australian site for the F-Trucks, to which BigF350 responded that this is it.

Well, I've tried searching here but there just doesn't seem to be much info regarding the Australian differences, parts used, options etc. I'm sure alot of you guys will have learnt alot info about these trucks over the years so I'm thinking we should maybe have a sticky or something purely obtaining Australian specific info (or if it's too much trouble we'll just let this die ).

I was trying to work out the best forum section as alot of it will be related to certain models but it will all be Australian so I think the "International Chapter" would be best (mods please feel free to move if you disagree). I'll start with some info below:

1977 F-Series:
F100, F250, F350 2WD all came as standard with the 4.1 litre 6 cyl. (250 CID) and a 4 speed manual, they all had the option of a 4.9 litre V8 (302) and the F100 also had the option of a 3 speed auto. The F100 4WD came as standard with the 4.9 litre V8 (302) and manual transmission.

Other options were:
Limited Slip Diff (F100 only)
Rear step bumper (F100, F100 XLT and F250 Styleside only)
A laminated windscreen "for added protection"
Pushbutton AM Mono radio
Rear mudflaps (Styleside models only)
Metallic Paint
The XLT Pack included: AM radio; Loop pile carpet; houndstooth-pattern cloth seat inserts; 391 mm (15") wheels and wheel covers with 205R15 radial ply tires; white vinyl tonneau cover; white roof and paint mouldings; front bumper overriders; rear step bumper; lowline "Swinglok" exterior rear view mirrors; XLT badges; bright windscreen and rear window surrounds; bright drip rails, wheel arch, rocker panel and tailgate mouldings (by "bright" I presume they mean chrome).
The F100 4WD XLT pack includes all items above but with 15 x 8 steel spoke wheel and 10 x 15 all purpose lugtread (?)

Recommended servicing was every 10,000 km after the initial 1500 km service. The standard steering wheel was 406mm (16")

I presume the V8 was the Cleveland as that is all we seem to have in these trucks with a C4 auto. Alot of people say the 351C was stock in Australia but the information above is from Ford Australia literature and there is no mention of a 351?

Would be interested in information on what parts were used from the Australian passenger cars if anyone knows ('73-'79)? I believe the steering components were taken from the Falcon (not sure of years) and the dash was from a Cortina?

Thanks all.
Cheers,
Corin