View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:17 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Placermike
Remember that we are working on logos for t-shirts etc...We are also working on charity and perhaps a Chapter Cookbook for fundraising purposes...When we get things like that rolling, we will need responsible people to keep track of things like: funds, expeditures and deals and details.

The direction I would like to go, is to try and make our chapter more than just chatting on the internet...I would like to see the chapter become involved in our community...Do we just have fun posting or do we use our combined energies to make things happen outside of the forum?...Let your thoughts be known, and I will gear my efforts to those goals.
Mike
"...to elect a Chapter Leader and any additional officers your Chapter may need..."

Tshirts/ballcaps- A one-shot order per year...or 5 years. BrentLee & me are doing it.

Charity- Nothing has happened besides our yakking about it. I'm sticking with my normal donations.

Cookbook- A one-shot deal forever, If it happens. You pay for printing?

Community Involvement- We're spread all over the state so that equates to one person every hundred square miles involved in their town. Reading posts here, nobody has the spare time or interest in driving for Meals-on-Wheels like I did. Or building free wheelchair ramps at seniors' homes like I do.

Thanks to BrentLee for tackling the logo-image making. I volunteered to find the Tshirt/ballcap/beltbuckle printers and take G2G pix and post them. One other person vol'd. The printer is found; until the logo is changed to be legible on fabric the project is full stop. A total of 4 people said they will buy one so it will be individual orders from the printer.

There was one other vol to take pix. No big deal. No one vols for anything else, just yakking. That's no problem, but all yak and no action is a waste of bandwidth. That shows the level of interest in community involvement - we're involved with our own lives Mike, but help youself and go do "it".

We're in a virtual meeting place (a forum) spread across the state and country unified by what we came here for: to discuss Ford Trucks and chat with each other.

Rex

Last edited by RexB; 04-25-2007 at 07:46 AM.