Old 04-21-2007, 08:23 PM
smokey6309028
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Anyone (mechanic)want to work on my 76 F100?

I dont want to sell my truck, but if I cant get it fixed up for a reasonable price, I may be forced to. Help me out fellas!

First off, I live just outside of Philadelphia so you know where Im located. Im looking to get my 76 F100 back in good running condition, and inspected, or ready for inspection if you do not do that yourself. Im looking for someone who is honest and wont rip me off. Work can be done at your pace day/night/weekends is fine. The truck isnt running right now, so it would have to be towed to where you want to work on it. I am also willing to help out in any way I can and get my hands dirty to help out, if you direct me what to do.

Its a 76 F100, 390 V8, 2wd, Auto. Single cab, 8ft Flareside bed.
It was a daily driver two years ago, but has been sitting for a while. I had alot of work done at a garage in my area in '03 and I really got screwed over after spending a small fortune. Ive tried starting it, even with jumper cables but it doesnt want to start up. Definitely needs a new battery, and all the fluids changed out. Last time I drove it I remember the turn signals not working correctly either, even though I payed a (shady) mechanic tons of money to repair that along with LOTS of other things.

Heres a list of what was (supposedly) completed in August of 2003. This list will help you to get an idea of what has already been done, so youll know that there shouldnt be a whole lot to do. Mileage driven since this work was completed is less than 10K miles easily.

Cab Corners
Cab Mounts
Floor Pans welded in
Spark Plugs and Wires
Cap
Cut Rotors
Excel Starter
Solenoid
(2) Cat Converters
Front Brakes (rotors, calipers, pads)
Brake lines
rear Drums cut
Front Wheel Bearings
New Tires
Lots of body repair and paint

Things I know need to be done:
New battery
Change all fuids out (oil/tranny/coolant, etc)
Clean carbeurator
Check brakes
Clean engine up
New tranny filter
New Fuel filter (if it has one)
Check turn signals/wiring.

The suspension is really rough, so it probably needs new shocks or struts or something, you could let me know.

Thanks for your help fellas!

smokey@worldlynx.net
(484)995-0886
Steve

Last edited by smokey6309028; 04-21-2007 at 08:30 PM.