View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
fab I have a question, did a search and didn't come up with it so if you did post it sorry. What are you using for the final filter before putting into the storage or fuel tank?
Also do you find that the bags you listed above hold all the magnasol without any problem (I don't have an idea of what the volume ends up when you go to filter it back up, don't want to have to change bags int eh middle of the operation so want one big enough to just turn it on and not worry about overfilling the filter bag on the initial filtering)
Mornin Rob, I use a 1 micron absolute bag filter from McMaster-Carr for my final filter, and I've never seen much "crud" in it.

I do mine in fairly large batches, so I use 2 filters, side by side. When the first one looks like it is getting full, I slide the second one under. The new plant I'm building for the ranch will use canisters to hold the filters, and will sense when the back-pressure reaches a preset level and switch to a secondary filter.

I haven't used the canisters before because there not cheap. I picked up 40 1" explosion proof electric valves for $1 each so the new plant will be automated to run off of a pc, no more switching hoses and piping!