View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see this post is getting some attention now! Excellent. I hope the N.R.A. is also taking notice along with Pa.'s sportsman clubs. One thing we can all do is contact our local State Reps. and send them an e-mail or call. Now, remember..be nice. No nasty-grams and no profanity. I think www.state.pa/gov will give us a list of our reps. and ya'll can get in touch with them. The more I read the madder I got. I assumed muzzleloaders would be exempt but am still unsure. The wording is a bit hard to decipher. One item did mention "any firearm that could be converted to fire a centerfire cartridge." Folks that could include virtually any muzzleloader. Back during the Civil War muskets were converted to fire cartridges using the Allen/Allin?? conversion, and several other methods. I saw one last Sat. at a local gun show. Once Colts Patent on the bored thru cylinder expired converting a cap'n ball pistol to fire cartridges was common, easy and cheap. So I assume I'd have to register them as well. Grrrr...! Many of my muzzleloaders I built..so they have no serial numbers. What about them? And any semi-auto or pump gun with a "detachable magazine"...I assume that means a clip..would fall under the new law..eh! Well that covers virtually all semi-auto pistols and a heckuva lot of rifles. Great..just flippin' great. And any semi-auto that has a clip forward of the pistol-grip. Well, that covers everything else now don't it! Well, I got to git busy and find out how many of these bills are dead and what is still under consideration. And I gotta call my local bloodsucking leeches an put a bug in their ears. More later....arrrgghhh...Audie!