Thread: Computer thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RexB
If Admin doesn't mind, I'd like to have a single thread with IT news that could affect all of us.

Like, Vista is a Dog, but time is running out for XP
(MS is not renewing OEM XP licenses. Read the article and links before flaming me)

If any of you are thinking of buying a new dual (or quad-core) OEM computer like a Core2 Duo or FX-62, better hurry if you want Windows XP Pro pre-installed.

I haven't decided whether to build another one and install XP, or buy an OEM because I'm getting lazy. Saving a $1000 building one will prolly be the decider, but MAN am I getting lazy waaaaa.

Rex, this is a good idea......I closed my computer business a year ago this Jan. I am still writing to my old customers and telling them to stay away from Vista (with a p) DO NOT UPGRADE!!!! For more info on Pista, do a search Vista Sucks, you will find some good stuff.....

When I can no longer use XP, down the road. I will be going to Linux. Also I am not upgrading any of my M$, software. Done with Bill & his Clown programmers.......On the bright side, M$ is now in Death Mode.(Throws) I am doing anything that I can to help them, get to that end. I don't give them 5 years. The old saying...The bigger you are the harder you fall!!!

Quiet now..............Lets see if we can hear them go SPLAT