View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
stractor
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK-I would replace the EEC relay first ( cheap $15+). On a pickup ( mine is a 90) it is on the drivers side fender apron. it is a single relay and looks like the fuel pump relay, that is also there. Mine was a metal shell relay. Mine had water in it, most likely from someone steam cleaning the engine. If you tapped it with a screw driver handle while the engine was running , the engine would die. This took several weeks to find. The ignition switch, is on the bottom of the steering column and entails dropping the steering column to get at it. It Just sounds harder than it is to replace and adjust it. As for the manual , I use the Ford shop manual ( from EBAY) and both the other two available manuals, Haynes-Chilton, for the 87-92 Fords, of those I like the Haynes. Don't forget the Ignition Module on the distributor, those caused hot shutdown problems and were recalled, not cheap at $60, but a good bet and the first thing I would do for Hot shut down. Especially if it is the original Ford module . You state you replaced the distributor with a rebuilt -did it come with the module or did you use yours???

Last edited by stractor; 04-07-2007 at 01:15 PM.