View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Quiff_boy_Elvis
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeting from Scotland...near PA.

Hello,
I am 36 and live in Scotland and am seriously considering importing a yellow 1956 v8 F100. Valorie front end, custom interior.

I saw it on EBay (off now) and am getting closer (very close) to purchase.

I paid for an inspection and was intrigued by the report summary. I know pretty much nothing about vehicles nor engines, but figure this might be an entertaining place to start(!) The report says:
"Oil pressure went off the gauge. Twin electric fans fitted to radiator."
and
"The trucks condition is best described as a 'driver' maybe leaning towards 'clean driver'. Generally it is clean but it is not without issues and it is somewhat amateurish in its execution. Much of the truck is fiberglass which really goes to value." --He is looking for $20k to buy it, which is quite a few of your American bucks... But it is appraised at $14k tops!

So, I am slightly worried about the oil pressure. Unsure about the implication of two electric fans. And wonder if the statement about the fiberglass means I should stay well away...

I want to drive it at weekends as I tootle about doing DIY and ferrying kids.
I'm getting 3 x 4point belts and windshield wipers put in (if I buy it).

Learned friends, what do you think?

And, why I've posted here is that the truck is in Greensburg. Anyone know / recognise it? http://picasaweb.google.com/Quiff.boy.elvis/F100/

The trouble is, I cannot see the "amateur-ness" in the pics --clearly the inspector is trying to tell me something, but I'm not smart enough to see it...

Any hints?