View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
This is a very informative thread, good posting rangerpru.

I'm going to reference this related thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...acement-2.html

which has a lot of good information on not only replacing the plenum, but also accessing it for the purpose of replacing the door. For example, this little tidbit of info is probably worth gold:
"I will share the trick I used to get the blend door in to give the next person another option. You are right that getting the two ends of the door into the corresponding holes is a nightmare (I used nightmare as I don't think I can cuss on this site). So I cut a hole on the face of the plenum (right behind the golve box in the top left quadrant). When you look into the hole you see that the plenum is actually a two piece box glued/welded together on the outside. Inside is a verticle divider in the middle runing right about where the top and bottom holes for the blend door are. Stick a regular screw driver into the spot where the two halfs of this divider meet, twist just a little, and you have enough room to get the blend door into the correct spots. Once you let go you have a fit as good as the OEM"

Last edited by Rockledge; 04-03-2007 at 05:20 PM.