Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I will find out when I get the core support done and put everything back together whether or not I need some extra linkage or not. As of right now the colmun extended all the way out while I lifted it. I did notice that plastic sleeve around the column that you are talking about and it seemed to look like it was ok, not cracked or anything that I saw. I will have to get out there and turn the wheel a couple of times and see what happens once I connect everything so I don't turn the key on and accidentally pump something out any open tube on to the ground. That would suck! Besides, before I put everything back together I plan on undercoating the front frame all the way up to the bumper brackets and then do the rest once I drop my new 302 in. The block and heads should be done at the end of this week. I will have to scrape together the money and get the kit to put the new 302 back together. I will need a high pressure oil pump/water pump/rods & pistons/cam shaft/rocker arms and all the accessories. I am wondering whether or not I should buy new parts and turn in my old parts off of the engine in my truck and get the core charges back. This way I have new parts and am getting rid of the parts I don't need. OR ARE THE KITS CHEAPER? I don't want to spend over 350 really!

I'll let you know what happens.

Motorhead26

Last edited by Motorhead26; 04-03-2007 at 01:12 PM.