View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arctic y block
...I think Ford needs to do a compleat redesign of there new trucks if they what to be around much longer as the new ones are butt ugly. And as for the thread on that subject, I ain't the only one to feel that way.
What do you think Rex? I hope when they do it looks better than there T-Bird coup.
New Ford trucks are for sure butt ugly. Joe showed me the 2008's and they're even worse, looks like a boxer with a toothache. I want a truck that looks like a pickup, not a car front end or a diseased boxer. Whatsa' matter with those designers!?! And what's with selling the 2008 model in February 2007 or earlier?!? They're already being sold as used trucks. They're 2007's (06's?)!!!

And the Tritons are spitting out plugs, not covered by warranty. What's my company doing?
- -

BOT truck history :~)

(I hope this is accurate)
-April 25, 1925 Ford Motor Company introduced their first factory produced pickup truck. Officially called the Ford Model T Runabout with Pickup Body. Priced at $281.00 F.O.B. Detroit.

A roadster type pickup with an all steel bed that was 56 inches long, 40 inches wide, and 13 inches high. The sides of the bed had pockets for stakes and the tailgate was adjustable. If you wanted, or needed, a longer heavier duty pickup truck you could opt for a Model TT (1 ton rated) Ford truck with an 8 foot long Express Body.

The Ford model T Runabout with Pickup Body was a pretty popular model with over 33,800 of them being sold in 1925.