Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I don't know that CFN (which I believe stands for Consolidated Fuel Network) is affiliated with Citi-corp or any other major producer/supplier. I have the impression that they are organized more like a buying co-op and buy their fuel from whomever offers the best price at a given point in time. I believe Pacific Pride does the same thing. But that is speculation on my part.

I was thinking that the reason for their closure is more likely due to issues with the property where they are located. It is prime light-industrial real estate just south of downtown Seattle on the corner of Airport Way and Lander - two major streets. Based on the fact that they are trying to find somewhere in the area to relocate and reopen for business, I was thinking it is more likely that their lease is expired and the owner wants to jack their rent up higher than what they are willing/able to afford.

Either that or the environmental regulations say it's time to replace their underground tanks and its just too cost prohibitive to do so. But again, these are just my theories. All I know is that it really SUX loosing my convenient source of B20! Now I have to go back to adding DieselKleen to every tank of ultra low sulfur dino juice I buy. Here's hoping that CFN can reopen the station somewhere in the immediate vicinity......