Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FN74
Hey I have installed the Vegistroke!! Only takes about 8 hrs on an 02 with some help......

Seriously though, do not be discouraged. One of my customers who is a cancer doctor in Denver bought one of my systems to run Bio year round and has one of those automated Bio-D machines. I think it only set him back about $9,000.
Ok.. I surrender on this one.. (white flag waving).. yup.. its pricey and I'm thinking of designing one myself to sell for 1/2 that. I'll say it again..Its pricey..
But it sure is nice to know that you can push a button, walk away and know that your fuel will meet industry approval standards.

And you still have to buy and store the Methonal and Lye.
You still have to store stuff too....

Running WVO will not damage your engine if done right. It can and will destroy your engine if done wrong.
I agree.. but I think that's pretty much true with everything.. And, on that point, I believe that even poorly made biodiesel would be better for your engine than even the best straight veg oil. To clarify, I think that maybe the gap might be closed if you are using brand new vegetable oil and the biodiesel was very poorly made. But I'll say it again.. I believe that even poorly made biodiesel is better for your engine than the best Waste Vegetable Oil.

I have done a lot of testing on this including injector tests and engine analysis. Long story short, the engine has to be up to operating temp first, then you need to have properly prepared, filtered and dewatered oil. So long as you have a good filtering system in place at home and a good quality kit on the truck, then you are home free.
And you are right on about the tanks. Plastic, stainless or aluminum will not give you any problems. FWIW, I have several customers now well over 20,000 miles on oil with no issues
Well now here we have a real problem. While I can not debate your testing and analysis techniques, you can not possibly have enough money to perform proper research and long term durability testing. I'm sure you would agree that 20,000 miles on any diesel engine is not really enough data.. And that's assuming its your engine you tear down and rebuild at your cost.

I might be interested in one of these systems for my tractor.. now that's a heavy duty engine.. easy to work on too. I've done my research and I know the veg-stroke system is the better of the SVO kits.. I'm not debating the quality of your product..(just so you understand)..

But straight veg oil in a modern engine designed for dino diesel? and add to that a common rail system? Not my $30,000+ truck.