View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, i am not sure if they changed things or not since i have been in, but i would skip the seal challenge contract and get a rate contract then try for the seals while in boot.

the reason is, if you don't pass the seal tests, or you do past but get dropped during buds training, you are no longer under contract and will get shoved the list of available rates to do, and yes, most likely the rates that are available will suck because the navy knows they can shove you into the rate where they need people, not what you want.

but if your under a rate contract, then no harm no foul, just go to your "a" school, then retry.

don't beleive the whole "your not guarenteed a place if you try out" stuff, there is a HUGE need for qualified applicants, if you qualify, you won't have a problem getting your slot.

but if you do a rate contract and want seals, then don't go nuke, they will do all they can to keep you locked in the nuke program.

but hey, i will check next week with my friend, he is a seal stationed out of little creek and i am sure he knows or can find out.

don't really trust the recruiter on what they say, they are just trying to get you in, i have even seen freinds and brothers screw over each other trying to meet the quota.