Old 03-16-2007, 05:11 PM
jcope988
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In every servicing description i have read (about 5 of them), they all say the same thing as the one casey posted, they all also say to support and level the vehicle. Which would be important since there is just a tube in the pan which is the exact height the fluid needs to be, if the vehicle is not level and is tilted to much in one direction that would not allow me to check the fluid level properly. Since the plugs are on the left, vehicle tilted left, means fluid tilted left, would act like to much fluid,causing me to let to much fluid out. vehicle tilted right, fluid tilted right might act like not enough fluid in it, causing me to overfill it, and so on with the front and back of the vehicle being level.

I'm just tring to figure out if anyone knows what these maintanence manuals and descriptions are using as a point of refernce to level the vehicle or are they saying leveling the pan or maybe I can use the oil pan , if i remember correctly I think the oil pans on these are fairly flat.