Old 03-24-2002, 04:31 PM
FLYFORD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
460 Distributor Cap / Motorcraft replacement or upgrade??

Is it better to stay with the original Motorcraft replacement? I need to replace the cap and rotor. Since acquiring my 1995 E-350 w/ 460 7.5L, extended cargo van a month ago I have made the following changes: added JBA shorty headers (noticable 10mph gain); removed the top and flipped the bottom air filter box (noticed some gain.. even though the filter is still stock); replaced plugs with stock Motorcraft plugs (side gapped after reading some threads.. noticed small gain); replaced the stock plug wires with JBA 9 guage Power Cables (this made a big difference since the original wires were 6 guage? and very worn, causing cross-fire). My future mods will be modest. I am thinking of going with 3" pipe from the header collectors, immediately to an x-pipe, from there going dual with (2) high flow cats and (2) Flowmaster 40's single chamber 3" in and 3" out, exiting on both sides in front of rear tires with welded 3.5" round tips. I will also add a 12" K&N filter. Sorry for the novel. With these limited mods what distributor cap and rotor would be best? Thanks to all. All suggestions appreciated. I have learned a great deal (and I think saved myself alot of aggravation and money) by reading many of your posts. Fly