Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 AM
crazypaw
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 88 Ranger Problem

Hi G2IC_Wraith,

If we had good luck, who would get the bad? NOT WITH US!

I'm glad your being honest and detailed in your replys cause this will all eventually come to a resolve.

Didn't realize..No MAF..OK.
As far as you've gone and in my past experiences, like this one you're now experiencing, I would end up playing "The Process Of Elimination Game"

On my 90 Ranger XLT 2.3 EFI my IACV is mounted on/in the intake plenum along w/ my TPS.
(Refering back to the "The Process Of Elimination Game" above) I removed both of these devices about 4 years ago and Manually Cleaned (taking great care cause these new electronic type gadgets are delicate+sensative) them Inspected them afterwards to see if they had any more carbon on them.

And I too am am not familar..yet..w/ the POS TPS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Timing Issue it is not just only that the Rotor be @ #1 but the Cam+Crank Shafts must also be totally in Sync, in line and in Harmony.
Also the "Timing" that is refered to is Crankshaft.
The Cam Shaft Timing can still be an issue.
ALL 3 GEARS MUST LINE UP OR YOUR SITUATION WILL HAPPEN!
(I still feel that the Timing is an unresolved issue here)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be honest now...is this you 1st time doing this? Because if it is you accomplished far more than most people that I know...YOU MADE YOUR BABY RUN AGAIN!! Now it's just a matter of "Fine Tuning" Her. I have people that just run a vehicle and then a problem comes up they mostly say "I had to add oil to the motor, antifreeze to....blah..blah..you get the idea...I'm sure!

Once I racked my brains out for a week wondering why my late 87 Horizon 2.2 wouldn't run...stupid timing gear sheered and after finally finding that the rotor was immoble...after working on all the electrical aspects...I was majorly PO'd!!!

OH...AND...Do repull them codes!