View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
FN74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run a WVO blend in my '99 F-350 without a single mod to the fuel system, although I am thinking of putting a Dahl 100 filter just before the fuel pump. The filter isn't for the WVO blend per se, but only because I've read where people that never got any water from the OEM set up are seeing the Dahl extract moisture. I digress.
This can be done succesfully, but requires one to be very aware of what they are doing. The mixture level changes based on oil type, climate, truck use, filtering, etc. You almost need to mix outside the tank because it becomes difficult over a period of time to make sure your mixture ratios are correct. I did this successfully myself as well for a while. But the first time I went on a trip, and the temperatures went from 70, to 40, I plugged up the fuel filter. DOA. Even before that I used 100% oil all the time. Until my blackstone report came back saying my wear levels were going through the roof. In the end, It was not worth the trouble. For me. It can be done succesfully if you live in a warm climate, but the first time youget it wrong, you will be hating life. And there is no switching back to diesel.