Thread: hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
I don't have a bow. I guess that my years learning to hunt open country is the biggest problem I have with Black tails. Ultimatly, it is the lack of familularity with people who hunt here in Washington that has prevented me from going out. I have tried to go with some of my Nationl Guard member but they only wanted to get drunk. I am not really a tee totler, but when I go humting the alcahol stays at camp is is touch only a little. I want to be able to get up early, get into the field and on animals. If I don't get an animal because I pass on a shot or don't see any, it is still a good hunt. If I don't get an animal because my hunting party won't get up, then it was a wast of my time and energy.
I agree with your thoughts. When I hunt, I usually go by myself.Many times people want to get a 'Hunting Trip' together, and it turns out to be a party. Parties are fine, but you will only catch a buzz.

If a person really wants to put meat in their freezer, they need to think like the animal. Remember wind, and realize that scent is very important.I have been known to rub local vegetation on my body so that the deer did smell the human scent .

I hope this helps