View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:24 PM
TGPII
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about that. The army uses abbreviations and or codes for everything. I joined

Sorry about that. The army uses abbreviations and or codes for everything. I joined the IL ARNG witch stand for Army National Guard. The AR is for army so it doesn’t get confused with the Air National guard. In March on my birthday I am leaving for BCT witch stands for Basic Combat Training. Most folks call it basic. Some even call it boot camp but that is an incorrect term (according to my dad who was activity duty Army Sergeant during <st1:country-region><st1lace>Vietnam</st1lace></st1:country-region>) AIT is Advance Individualized Training, is training/school you go to after basic. There you learn your MOS Military Occupancy Specialty or the job you will do in the military/army. My ultimate goal is to go to <st1lace><st1:PlaceName>OCS Officer</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName>Candidates</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>School</st1:PlaceType></st1lace>. I am eligible because I scored high enough on my ASVAB don’t ask me what ASVAB stands for and I got my bachelors. Two things you need for OCS. ASVAB is the test everyone takes no matter what branch you are in to see what jobs you can do. There is a math, BASIC physics, English, and reading on it. My MOS will be 91w, in the army alphabet that’s 91 whiskey witch is medic. In the Civilian World it is an EMT-Basic. Did you civilians get all that? JUST KIDDING. If you have any questions let me know. Sorry about your friend. What branch was he in? When I get back I am thinking of buying me a NEW 2007/2008 Ranger.

<o> </o>

<o> </o>