View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john1N
Thanks, ended up going with Irwin because that's where my girlfriends Taurus is from and they were great during the sale process of her car when we bought it.
Turns out their service dept. doesn't really follow suite. 2 days in the shop for warranty work, $90 out of my pocket for a rental, came back with the same issues it went it with. The tech couldn't hear the clunk in the steering column (my GF can hear it in the passenger seat), the driver side floor board "thunk" on bumps was actually felt by the tech, replaced the bump stops, thunk still there (ball joint????), the tranny didn't slip while they test drove it sooooooo, they just ignore that whole issue, the check engine light went off while it was there so the "evap emissions system leak" "fixed itself", and the 4WD engaged fine when tested, so again, if it's not a consistant problem all the time, it's not worth looking into.

All in all this truck must've been built on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning, my buddy has the same truck, twice the miles, and only one problem so far. I've always driven a Ford, but this one, combined with the service depts that I've dealt with, has me looking at other options. Only problem is that this crap can happen with any make or model.

My self I ended up having my work and sale's Greenfield Ford . In Greenfield MA because I have gotten taken to the cleaners from other dealers in NH.

We have saved money and they are honest. Fixed right the first time too. And they are a Sponsor here at FTE www.sweeneyford.com