View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
RnMEtt7500
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The little Ranger that could...

As we all know the weather here in pa is great if your in 4x4. I took the day off yesterday (thursday the 15th) to help my parents shovel out, they needed since they live up on the mountain off RT. 443. There driveway is just short of a mile long, and with 8" of the icey stuff, it in it self was an adventure. I wish I would have remembered my camra, the look on there faces was priceless as my Ranger roared in all the way to the house. After the the long day of shoveling ended, I headed out. Now keep in mind I was still feeling pretty proud of my truck. As I neared the end of the driveway I heard the tell tail sound of spinning tires and reving engine, I thought to myself another victom of 2wd in the ice. As i neared I seen it was a full size early '90s chevy truck, then I saw the 4x4 stickers on the back. At first I thought there's no way, but I did make up Mom's driveway, so i offered to pull him out. The guy looked at my truck, smiled and with a chucle in his voice said "I don't think you have enough there but you can try, I can't get anymore stuck." I shrugged off his sarcasum and backed in too position, hooked up my tow strap, put some of secrect salt in front of my truck (always have a bag in there in the winter) put her in 4 low and second gear pulled the strap tight. Then leaned on the gas as I let the clutch out. I was about to lift of the gas when all 4 of my tires were spinning and the rear of my Baby started going sideways when all at once out popped the chevy.
Now I'm not saying chevys are bad or anything, but auto locking hubs are, his gave out and left him stuck. Either way I drove the rest of the way home to Carlisle with a smile from ear to ear, and couldn't wait to get to work to brag it up.
Thanks for letting me brag just a little more
Roy