View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Wheatina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murphy makes a good point, although I don't think many would agree with his/her way of going about it. Conservation is a huge part of the solution and the most viable near-term and long-term solution. The alternative fuels will also make a substantial contribution fairly quickly. It's going to take a real mix of of alternatives and conservation.

I wonder, though, how quickly higher costs will slow us down from our gluttonous consumption?? It will have to cost an awful lot more. People complained about high gas prices last year, but still jumped in their monster SUVs to go down to the corner to pick up a gallon of milk and fill up the tank. It would take awhile to have an impact.

What irritates the hell out of me is why so many think that conservation means more cost, especially for businesses. The money that can be save with a few small changes is amazing. Creative conservation can save so much money and energy, if people would just take a closer look. We've gone way too long in this country with our wasteful ways.

The electric car solution will work only when we have developed better technologies, like; better batteries, fuel cells, hydrogen fuel, solar, wind, etc.. If everyone started plugging in their electric cars right now, we'd have just as much greenhouse gases produced, if not more, to generate the power needed.