View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Delta Dirt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies----hope to work on it again tomorrow. Will utilize the various recommendations on trying to isolate the problem. (have already confiscated the wife's hair dryer)

Battery is new and voltage is good. Engine is straight propane----no injectors involved. Very simple set up.

I bought the truck used and jumped into changing the different parts out with the idea that at least I would know that this particular part (etc.) would be new and in good shape for the future. Do know that it had a Fred Jones remanufactured engine installed not to long before I purchased it-------so I really don't know for sure that everything is back in place as it should be. Don't run it much----but it had been "running like a sewing machine" before changing out the starter.

In regards to the ignition module----it is mounted flat against the fender well, same as my old '84 Bronco. Should there be a spacer to provide open air space for cooling behind the module? I presume that the module grounds itself through the wiring harness. Presuming that the module is not depending on ground through the fender well. Could it be that the module is not getting proper ground connection through the fender well?? ---since the main outer fender shell is fiberglass. But seems like in the past---I have changed out ignition modules and cranked the engine for test purposes without mounting the module down to the fender well.

Will come back and let ya'll know what I find to be the problem (if I solve it). That way----might help somebody else down the road. Will check this post again tomorrow morning before going to shop in case any more ideas come along. Thanks for the help.

Delta Dirt