Thread: air as a "fuel"
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Everyone in Europe and America wants to study business, law, marketing, etc. No one bothers to learn mathematics, science and enginering, except in India. The Western world is doomed.Jim
I'm sorry I can't agree with you here. I went to a very well know and respected private school in the midwest and got my degree in mechanical engineering. While there is a large number of asians in the program they are only 1/3 of the students max. I also work for an engineering outsource company that has grown from 10 employees to about 500 in the six years it has been open, and did nearly $50million in sales last year. We take over entire projects for our customers or just help them with specific tasks within their project. We work for many very large companies with our largest customers being Caterpillar, John Deere, Harley Davidson, Whirlpool, and American Truck Company. Of our approx 500 employees about 10% are asian and work primarily with analysis. Our owner found many years ago that because of differences in customs and beliefs it is not feasable for foriegners to do deisgn work for Americans. Our customers have begun to realize this as well. We were recently bought out by a much larger company that does similar work in the IT and Administration fields. We are in the process of opening offices in China and India in order to do design work for people in those respective areas, not for American goods. You will see in the next few years that while manufacturing jobs will continue to move out of the country engineering and designwork will stay here and grow.