View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
F-16mechanic
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service departments

Well here was my latest experience

Dropped my truck off at Chapman Ford Service department at 7:30am. Why? Because there are three TSBs that apply to my truck 06-21-15 Malfunctioning Temp gauge, 06-20-8 snap pop tick noise from exhaust and 06-18-2 weather stripping on windows. So I pre-arrange an appointment to have the truck looked at and fixed. When I drop it off, The Service Rep tells me he knows they dont have the parts for the exhaust TSB. No Problem I tell him I can set up an appointment to come back in when they do have the parts. So I leave the truck for the other TSBs. I call to get a status on my truck at 3:00pm and the Service Rep will give me a call right back. He calls me back and tells me that the Truck was not even touched Yet. Mind you I was the first person in there this morning. He tells me he will give me a loner car for the night will have my truck ready in the morning. OK i want to be nice about it so I say ok. I go there and find my truck in the same spot I parked it in the morning. And the Service Rep calls a rental company to see if they have a Car. Ok this guy does not even understand that he doesnt understand. Being in the military and in todays post 9/11 world. do you have any idea how hard it is to get a rental car on a base? Not an easy task.

So now my new "baby" is sitting in the lot waiting to be fixed and I am so fed up it is not even funny. Bad enough these TSBs were not even taken care of before I bought the truck a week ago.

I should have known better not to take it there but I thought, (I know I shouldnt be thinking) since I had an appointment, it would not be too bad. Boy was I wrong.

So my question is.... Where is the best service department in South Jersey? I will even travel a bit just so I dont have to go back there, on principle.