View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Cool6.9DieselGuy
well I definitely dont know anything about making my own, I've heard you can strain used restaurant frying oil... I wish I knew about that and had a diesel when I used to work in the restaurant bussiness. What are some of the methods for making it yourself? What are the advantages? I've heard you dont save that much money if you make it yourself but that was probably not relavent to taking used oil from a restaurant but instead maybe buying cooking oil in bulk and then adding stuff? Sorry if I'm not on the right track but I dont know much at all about this and maybe it would be an advantage to me being that the 6.9 can run on bioDes w/out any mods.... hoping it might save me some $$$ more than anything if I can clean this stuff out from restaurants. You seem like an expert, let me know about this stuff, thanks from Drew
Drew, you can get up to speed on everything biodiesel related here: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org When you've checked out that site come back here and search the posts in this forum, and you'll find many people who've started making there own bio. It's really very simple. My cost to make bio runs about $.50 per gallon but I buy my supplies in bulk. Most people report that they can make it for less than $1.00 a gallon. Welcome to our biodiesel forum, and if you wish to make biodiesel the people here are always willing to help. We'll have you making your own fuel in no time