Old 01-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick and tired of welding, but look what I got done!

I meant to post this last week. . .I was sick and had nothing better to do, but I forgot

I put some finishing touches on the shaved rain gutters, did some grinding and put the last patch in the drivers kick panel. Still need to grind all the floor pan welds down in preparation for eventual bedliner. At some point this truck was gone over and painted brown, then primed again by the guy I bought it from. . .its nasty sanding through everything, and its rough lol. There's going to be more plastic in this cab to straighten it out than I would want, but I guess I gotta do with what I have

I think all I have left to do is the passenger side cab floor, which isn't nearly as bad as the drivers floor. Already did the rain gutter, corner and some seam repair on the passenger side. Once thats done, maybe I can get a few volunteers with strong backs to help me flip the cab on its back so I can do the cab mounts and treat and coat the bottom. . .then it should be good enough to go back on the frame

Just a few pics, I have passenger side ones somewhere, I think on my Windows XP drive, so only drivers side for now

Here is the rusty before's:

and the afters. . .that need some bondo

All that work, probably puts me at 80+ hours so far into that cab. . .and even with a filtered breather and doors open, I think I inhaled enough fumes to brain my damage

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 01-27-2007 at 07:12 PM.