View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AndysFords
Well guys I am glad to be alive today! Let me tell ya'll what happened, this is hilarious. I'd been to town to pick some stuff up for another project, and when I got back my dad was draining the bio out of the reactor into the funnel shaped settling tank. About 1 min later I smelled something funny, and realized that the CRAZY OLD GUY LEFT THE HOT WATER HEATER ELEMENT TURNED ON!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE REACTOR!! RIGHT NEXT TO THE METHANOL DRUM!!!!!!!
And for those of you that don't know, if you let an element like that run dry, it catches fire! Any way the reactor caught fire, and we had to put water over in it to get it out, and the pump was pumping so we pumped some of this water over on the bio. But it settled out, same concept as a water wash I guess. but I was madder than you could ever possibly imagine.!
Well were glad you are alive too! [damn old farts anyway.....] Not the first time I've heard this either. This is one reason I'm working on a better system for heating the batch.............guess I should hurry up with it!