Thread: Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 AM
mlafortu
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just not understanding this. People are afraid of letting out too much info, but they want to be part of this chapter, so they are going to PM their info to one person to make a spreadsheet. How will this spreadsheet be available to view? If you make it viewable here then people's info will be seen by everyone, just as if people just posted their info. Also, the spreadsheet will be static, meaning that when people come and go, it won't get updated automatically. The "Roll Call" thread is dynamic, meaning its always changing and evolving. When a new person comes along and sees a stickied thread at the top called "Roll Call", they can add their name on their own and also see if there are others in their area.

It sounds like we're making this more difficult. A spreadsheet will be the same as a roll call thread, unless you don't want the spreadsheet viewable by anyone, in which case, what's it the point?

This was tried by the Contour group already and it became too much of a hassle that we created the roll call and it works flawlessly. If you're afraid of identity theft or something, then only put your first name and locale. Hell, you can even use a fake name.

Just my $.02. I know you're trying to pull us all together, but it seems we're being a bit counter-productive.

Last edited by mlafortu; 01-24-2007 at 09:03 AM.