View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 AM
neemeth
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Sport trac 4wd problems

New here and looking for some help. I have searched around the forum on this issue and got a head start but I need some additional info.

last week I used my 4wd and it worked fine at first. Later on throughout the day it started to take 2 or three times of switching into 4wd for the indidcator light on the dash to show that it was infact in 4wd (the "module" under the dash did click at this point). The next morning the 4wd would not engage at all and I did not hear any clicking from the "module". After searching this sight I have found that this is a common problem and that disconnecting the battery sometimes temporarily fixes the problem. This infact is true and my 4wd is working...FOR NOW!!

My question is, exactly what module is it that needs replaced (name, part number, ect.) and what does it typically cost? The dealership claims that this is NOT a common problem and that I should bring it in to have them check it out. YEAH RIGHT!!! the problem is that I dont have the equipment to diagnose the actual problem so I might have to crack down and take it there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.