View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 AM
flyboyd8
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phish555,

My post wasn't meant to smart a$$ you. It may have been more proper to have posted it on the previose thread. "Crude in WVO" I think was it's title. There was a couple of Posts there that " don't have anything constructive " , but had large red letters. And didn't speak of gelled fuel.

They reason I replied here was you gave me the opertunity, Gelled Fuel.

By purpose, was for all to be open minded, to all types of Alternate fuels.

is it possable that your store bought full has a high percentage of Bio?

Now, IMHO, I believe that your Gelled filters, if they were kept clean of dirt and you can devise a way to let the fuel warm and drain away from them. you should be able to reuse them. I would try takeing the top of a large coffee can and cutting w/ a knife to look like a spooked wheel leaving all the spooks joined in the center, but with openings to the outer ring, Then putting it back on the can. you may be able to set a gelled filter on it and it will thaw and drain with minamal mixing at the filter in a warm enviroment.

Does the 6.0 PS have a second filter on the motor? if so that would catch any slight contamanants, your driving may have only just filled it w/ gell.

PowerServer , I am a fan of PowerServer. I use the white lable in my Dino tanks. 3.2 oz. to 10 Gallons. At my Brother's farm we run 7 Diesel tractors and a 99 PS on off road summer diesel all winter long with the White label Power Server product. He has a 1000 Gallon tank and it was last filled in Aug. of 06. It is thick red fuel in this cold. The powerserver keeps it flowing in our eguipment and his farm truck. ( I might add that we harvested the corn last year using 600 gallons of mineral oil as a supplamental fuel w/ dino fuel and Veg. )
In my personal ride, My OEM filter is now used in suction instead of pressure. ( it's now before the lift pump instead of after) In this cold weather, my fuel filter light will come on but I am showing 4lbs of fuel pressure at the IP. So I now have added 5 gallons of Kero to my low tank and doubled power server before I pumped diesel in. That has kept the light on the dash happy, I only use dino fuel to Start and warm up the truck and then to purge before shutdown. I have in my fuel line just before the IP both a temp sender and a pressure sender to gauges on my dash.

I did intend to have this with my origonal post but a 2 handed headache kept me from finishing earlier.

If you dino tank on your truck is of steel construction , you can use one of Kats Magnetic heater to warm it and get the fuel to flow again, In my local TSC the have both the 100 and 300 watt heaters . the 300 watt runs around $46 bucks here.

My ranting is over, Ken Hall