View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
DetailerDave
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Dave, the "sort of like our state government" was used in a rhetorical sense, as an example. Would it have made a difference to you if the reference was left out completely?
I figured that was the case, and I failed to post a smiley to make my intention clear.

The point made is that each county will have equal representation on the Board. Hopefully, there will be none of the above/below the canal, up state/down state, or lower slower thing going on in the chapter.
I wasn't aware of a "need" for "equal representation", by county. It would seem to me that a Delaware, or any other chapter, for that matter, would be to "unite" members who are geographically close to one another, in the event that anyone wanted to get together, for whatever reason, or offer real help to another member, such as lend a hand to pull a trans, change a ball joint, diagnose a problem, put up a shed, etc. Some things just can't be resolved over the internet.

Thank you for your opinion. Do you have any alternatives to offer?
Not really! I try to avoid politics.

Don't forget to vote, either for or against the proposal, your vote is important to the Chapter.