Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
mudracin74
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
exhaust backpressure code affecting tranny shifts

so heres the deal ive been catchin this back pressure code ever since i put the programmer in my pickup. i didnt think the code was affecting anything, but at the same time i put the programmer in my tranny began to shift differently. when accelerating away from a stop sign when i reach 45, or when it shifts into 3rd gear it feels as though the torque converter is being locked up and then imediatly it hits 4th gear the same way with the torque converter locked. so when it shifts to 4th gear its only running about 1000 rpms. really makes pullin a trailer hard. so today i was messin around w/ my tunner as i pulled up to a stop sign. it threw that same code and as i was accelerating away it did the rpm drop but just as it did that i cleared the code and the torque converter unlocked and i gained the rpms back. i pulled it over and accelerated up to speed again, and it shifted beautifully. i had always assumed the different shifting was part of the programmer, but now i dont know. sorry i dont have the code number i never wrote it down, and i cant get it to come up again. help please....