View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 PM
bmonnig
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another silly post...are you guys running B100 in your vehicles? Or are you using it as a Petrol additive?

BTW...Fab, THANK YOU! I've learned more about Bio creation, quality assurance, and "plant fabrication" from you than I have ALL my other sites / research combined.

At first, I thought I wanted to go the WVO route. I have a friend successfully running WVO (single tank) in his mid 80's Mercedes car, and (dual tank) in his 91 (?) F350. He had tried to persuade me to the benefits of WVO (easier to make, basically). I might consider that route in an older MB car, but in the diesel truck I plan on getting...I think I like the reliability / durability factors that come with Biodiesel. It's my understanding that your truck / engine will never know Bio didn't come from a pump somewhere, but WVO can cause serious issues (coking, etc) if it's not done right.

It's my understanding that Bio is just pour-and-go, unlike all the bolt-onto-your-car parts you need in a WVO / SVO conversion. Is this correct?

The last concern...I've read that Bio is more corrosive to rubber parts in the fuel system (o-rings, etc). Are you guys swapping these parts out? If not, is this not a significant concern?