View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
havent started on taking anything apart yet. but i plan to take pictures and make a scrap book. back in the late 70s early 80s my dad paid $500 for the car. solid stock. it had been wrecked when he bought it and it ran like a turd. at night it lit up like a christmas tree under the hood. he changed the plugs wires and re routed the choke cable so it wasnt shorting across the coil and it ran like a champ. new fender, hood and door. by this time he had the car 2 weeks and had around $800 invested in it. since then he put a 4.30 full spoiled rear end in it. at one time he had a 383 BB in it with 440 magnum heads (the 440 magnums wear nothing like the magnum engines dodge made from the early to late 90s pls dont confuse the 2) had the syspension re done so it would grip and go off the line. it would pull mid to high 10s in the quarter with street tires and stock torque converter ( and the 383) in the mid 80s he had to sell it for finicial reasons. then in 2001 i saw it on and used (rip you off if you let em car lot) on the way home from work. i stopped and took a look at it. it was the very car i remembered from my childhood. once i got home and told my dad about it, he went back to the car lot and haggled with the owner... 3 hours later i traded my truck on it for down payment and my dad gave him 4k. though i love a ford i dont bleed blue.. it just this car has alot of fond memeries from when a was lil one. and now that i have said alot, and even though its not a ford, the reason im posting this and going to keep this up and alive as long as you guys let me, is to get you guys interested in such things as fixing up old things, and if you have dads (which im sure you do) and or kids or even fond memories of things you remember from child hood, it gives you something to build on as a family. i may be only 23 but my family is the most important thing to me. and doing this project lets me spend more time with my dad and build new memeries. i aslo hope the make such a legecy that my son who is 2 years old will be happy of and can learn from. though he loves his mustang hot-wheels lol.