View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
scarface78
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExpyBob
I for one have and made it a point to order the nav stystem on my 2007 E.L. Limited.

I love it.

It not only has voice operation for the nav system but also audio and media systems as well. You can change sources, radio stations,satellite channels etc. with voice commands. It adjusts backround colors and brightness in accordance with your headlights being on. I also think it would be a lot more desireable to have it part of the car when it comes to getting it stolen. A portable unit is just that, portable and self contained. It will work anywhere. If some gets this thing out it would probably be useless without the rest of the systems connected to it. It even uses the gyros in the car (for the stability control system) to make updates when it losses the GPA signal (parking garages etc)

I got mine for dealer cost since I was ordering it.

The michrophone is in the rear view mirror.

As far as having to buy yearly updates, in North East PA (and most other places ) they don't build new roads too often. (never mind even maintaining them)

Everyone who has ridden with me commented on how they were impressed with the system.

I would definately buy it again since it's integral with the rest of the vehicle and systems above.

Bob
If only FORD had that 2 years ago. That's all I had in my aftermaket system PIONEER AVIC-N2 Two years ago. Plus some extra stuff. They will never catch up with Aftermarket systems believe me. I would never ever in 100 years go for Factory Navigation system. Also believe me there is a lot of differences in Yearly updates.