Old 01-04-2007, 08:27 AM
hall442
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! Thanks for the come-back.

It doesn't have to be TOO quickly. I've been patient a lot of years, to get to the point to be ABLE to do this. A few more months won't kill me.

Tools; I am willing to BUY a welder/cutter and GIVE it to the person who helps me. I'll have no use for it when the job is done. Not sure how necessary it will be, if I find a truck with a good cab. I mean, if I was going to use the body of THIS one, it would need all SORTS of cutting; cab corners, rear wheel wells, roof, etc. etc.

I have my eye on an extended cab 4x4. I don't know if the guy is willing to sell it, as I have not been able to get hold of him to this point. I would REALLY like to find a 4 door. But I understand they were mostly only government trucks. It was not as popular an option back then, as the 4 door pickup is today.

I do not have a garage to work on her in. I DO have all pop's tools. They need to be cleaned up, since he's been gone since 99, and I have not really USED them. I bought a big 3 story tool chest and just dropped all I could find into there.

I do have a buddy who is willing to assist too. He knows what he is doing. I, have no clue, really. I know what I would LIKE to do, but, not the feasibility of DOING it. lol.

I have bought electric window motor kits for it, new seats, and all sorts of odds and ends. I don't want to do a "restoration" , or a total modification; just make her driveable and comfortable. I'd like to put a tilt and telescope, out of a later model in her, if that's feasible.

(I would ALSO like to make it into a hard-top convertible. I've seen that done and really like it. But, that make be WAY over the line, I realize....lol!)

Thanks again!

Peace.

-Lou