View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:50 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alright all it is about time some of you guys started chirping on this subject. I'll stick to .40 for my valve to piston clearance thanks ,I'm not made of money and dont want to throw it away on a chance of busted parts. Dino, that thermoquad article was in Mopar Action Magazine Feb 07 www.moparaction.com it should be up there otherwise i will photocopy it and snail it to you cause i'm too dumb to do in the 21 st century. I went and picked up a few TQ's after reading it figuring i'll screw one up,and cause i like them. My pro touring duster project will be an e85 360 with late model magnum heads and 12-1. Just thought it would be a good idea for my F250, and plan on building it sometime this spring with parts from TMI. But definetly e85. I think there is alot of untapped potential there. If those jayholes in Popular HotHotrodding can build those dyno ringers on 91 octane with some of they ridiculous compression they are running, 12-1 with e85 and careful attention to combustion chamber prep and modern coatings. Dino, there is also a guy on ebay that sells a real good paper on rebuilding tq's for about $5.00, just watch for a couple days. I only imagine the torque we can produce with 12-1. I dont know how i will get that much compression out of a 400 but we can certainly figure it out.