View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
I can happily inform the FTE crowd that LIPD performance recalibration and performance aftermarket components will be available at the same time or shortly thereafter the actual market release of the 6.4

A few sidenotes of information I would like to share for the purposes of information-

Mild to drastic engine control recalibrations will be available in similar caliber to what is available for the 6.0; however harsh race tuning (driven accordingly) will cause more frequent diesel particulate filter regeneration cycles and corresponding losses in fuel mileage.

We will have exhaust system components (EGR cooler/EGR System Deletes, replacement delete pipes for diesel oxidation catalyst, engine particulate filter, and resonator) available soon after the tuning is available; however, unlike the 6.0, no exhaust system modifications will function properly without recalibration due to the presence of multiple exhaust gas temperature thermocouples and exhaust pressure sensors used to monitor the EGR and exhaust emissions components.

Full tank-to-HPFP fuel systems, increased displacement high pressure fuel pumps, high pressure injection lines, and increased flow fuel injectors will be available within 2-3 months. High and Low Pressure turbocharger compressor wheels, along with modified low pressure turbocharger turbine housings will also be available within a similar time frame.

Engine shortblock internal components will likely be 4-6 months out due to low parts availability during vehicle debut, but I will hurry the development along as much as I can

It is my opinion that these vehicles will ultimately be mod-friendly, however modifications must be carried out in a comprehensive fashion, not piece-by-piece like can be gotten away with on the 6.0. I do believe that the 6.4 will be safer to modify at mild and moderate levels over the 6.0 due to a higher basic structural integrity of the control systems and engine hardware, and very satisfactory level of increased performance will be attainable without exhaust or hardware modifications; and by "very satisfactory", I mean a level beyond where the 6.0 is with tuning- in a safe manner.
First, Happy New Year Matt!!

Now a question about your 6.4L mods. What do they do to Ford's warranty?