Thread: It works !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Gun-Driver
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It works !!!

Finally got the time to finish making my methanol recovery still. It worked great!!!<O:p</O:p

Question??? for Fabman (or any of you Guru's out there that are using a hot water tank as a still)<O:p</O:p

When do you know when you have all the methanol out of the glycerol???

What I did is I started with a sample run of 20 gal. of glycerol. As advertised it started to drip at about 150* over a period time it slowed so I raised the temperature over time, till I was at about 190*. Out of that 20 gal. of glycerol that I started with I got about 7 gal of crystal clear methanol but it was still coming out when I had to shut down for the night. I drained the tank and I only got about 10 gal of residual glycerol. But it seemed that it would have still continued to pour if I would not have shut down and continued with the 190* temperatures but I was afraid that I would start to evaporate water that might be in the glycerol.<O:p</O:p

My question is when do you know you have all the methanol out? And about what amount can I expect to recover in gallons verses gallons of glycerol which I started with? <O:p</O:p