View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
CR125Honda
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(apologize for the double post, I thought this was the better thread to put this info in)

Update....

Swapped #1 and#2.. Problem moved to #1. Purchased an authentic motorcraft DG508 coil from dealer (lots of fake "OEM or "OE" Motorcraft coils being sold online, see below). Anyway, that cleared that problem.

Then... Test drove and got a pending p0303 code. Cleared that code then test drove again to verify. This time got an MIL (check engine light). This time it pulled code p0304. Errr...

Now the plan is to find six new authentic coils at a reasonable price (one was replaced last year before I purchased the vehicle). If anyone knows where I can find them at a discount, please let me know.

I purchased a set of the knockoff's about a month ago off eBay. Price was right at $130 for eight with platinum plugs! Returned them.. Wrong plugs (though the guy guaranteed me they would work, he didn't confirm that he would pay for the overhaul if they were too hot or smacked the top of the pistion) and I also didn't like the way the connector hook up on the coil was made. The authenic motorcraft coils have a little step inside the female portion of the connector that allows the rubber in the connector to make a good seal. The knockoff's do not have this.

Glad I have another car to drive in the mean time...

Last edited by CR125Honda; 12-31-2006 at 05:25 PM.