View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Glenn07
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
when did a 1 hr job that cost $20 in parts become a $450 event. I can't believe that a dealership would charge that much. I'd say do it yourself, take alot of time and don't drink until your done.

oh and put lots of antisieze on the new set.

at least if you break the plug, you can only blame yourself. if they break it, you're still paying for it.

anyone got the TSB for this on hand? Does this only affect the 04/05's? or all of the 3 valve 5.4s?
__________________________________________________ _________________

Tylus .. I just bought a new '07 SD w/5.4 & this spark plug thing has me concerned. I was thinking about removing the plugs & "Anti-Seizing" them & now I see that you recommend doing just that. I have 3 different types of anti-seize .... (crappy aluminum particle) .... (super Hi-Temp Caterpillar copper particle [1800º]) ... (pure nickle particle [2400º]) and I'm wondering which would be best for this aluminum head/steel plug interface ??? Maybe one of the younger college fellows here on the site can look further into this & let us know just which type of anti-seize would be best for this application ??? An added thought .... what are the unforeseen ramifications of each type as to "O2 sensors & such ???
Come on you chemist guys ... kick this up a notch for us so we'll know which one is the best we can do for our engines !

Thanks !
~Glenn 07 FX4 SD SC SB 5.4 6sp 4.10 ls