View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 06:54 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which is the best RV cam for the 390

Hmmmm, that cam doesn't look like it should really hurt your low end too much. I'm not sure you would see a big difference in plopping in another bumpstick, as that Beast already looks like a good compromise to me. Well, massaging your heads is always a good thing but I think for simple low end oomph you might want to spend your money elsewhere. Do you know what your compression is at? Some of the stock pistons were set up for pretty low compression, particularly the truck ones. Something to look into...if you do have low compression pistons than swapping them out for a set to bring you up to @ 9:5:1 would give you a heck of allot more thrust throughout the rpm band. I think the first thing I would do if I were you were to put a smaller carb on there. I know the 750 could be made to work on your engine but its really not optimal, especially for the lower end. You might be surprised at the differnce just going down a size in carb can make. Your intake and ignition are right, so I think I would look at the carb first first. Lastly, what tire size are you running with the 4:11s? Anything larger that 35's with those gears would cost you low end.