Thread: Edge Evolution
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 03:41 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have tested the Evolution on a 5.4 2000 F-150 (Local owner) as well as renting a 2006 5.4 F-150 from avis for 4 weeks to play with.

My opinion on the Edge is this....

The tranny tuning is exceptional! It gives you the ability to move the part throttle as well as the WOT shift points up or down within a range.

It also allows you the owner to modify the shift firmness. I was able to make the 06 shift so firm that when it hit 2nd gear at WOT the serp belt would slip on the crank pulley for a split second and squeel! If I were to ease into a turn and mash it it would down shift and lock the gear so fast it would breake the rear end loose and go sideways.

You can adjust the timing up or down in fractions of a degree to optimize the engine tunes to the fuel you buy. One guy may have 91 max, and you may live near a Sunoco that has 94....the 94 fuel can take way more timing...and make more power.

The display has 3 LED lights, each one independantly controlled so that you have about 1,000,000 colors to choose from.

There are other tuners on the market...but nothing has the value for the money spent as the Edge!!!

http://discountpowerparts.com/catalo...?products_id=7