View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 09:42 PM
adambomb
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LESKWVO: I would say that a MB in a So CA climate is a perfect engine for one tank WVO use. As long as you add injection line heaters I think you really can't go wrong. Plus the cost of these cars is what $10K or less. So for most that is a throw away car so if you get 50-70K miles out of it.
these old mercedes are not worth much, i was given an '83 wagon that I just converted to VO, it has always been in the family and was passed down to me. i love my truck, but with it being a CC LB and the lift it doesn't fit in parking structures and is hard to navigate in my schools parking lot. I figure I can drive the MB when I don't need to tow or put stuff in the bed.

fabmandelux: I have a toyota diesel pickup in my boneyard with a bad injector pump, 2 badly eroded injectors, and cylinders that are DISTROYED by excess wear. This pickup was run on unheated SVO for about 40,000 miles.
Yeah, it makes sense that running unheated SVO in your engine would not be a good idea. I have read many threads and seen pics of damage.

fabmandelux: Look at this site first before you use unheated veggie oil in YOUR engine: http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy06osti/39733.pdf
the single tank kit that im using in my MB does heat the oil and it is virtually the same kit they would install on my 7.3l PSD. I believe the kit works great once the engine is started and warm, but i worry because there is no option to purge the system with diesel so the next time you go to start it there will be cold oil in the motor. Is this a big problem? If so how BIG??

Thanks Again for all your imput