View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
skybox
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with it being a possible legal issue, but any kid that can run or get out of a carseat, can unlock a door. And if the child safety lock was activated it wouldn't matter either way. I do understand having a predator try to open your door just as soon as you put a vehicle in park, but unless I am wrong, the drivers door is still locked until the driver opens the door, thus making the door unlock. If the driver was to just put the vehicle in park, the door doesn't open from the outside does it? Haven't tried that. Anyways, I think it could easily be done so that all doors open from the inside, while remaining locked until opened. I know... not that big of a deal, but I see no proof yet, as to why it is necessary. It is like windows in cars that only go half way down in the back. Kids have to be in car seats until they are atleast 4 now.... 4 year olds should know better than to jump out a window..... why is it ok for them to jump out of an SUV or truck but not a car.... I am sure there explanations for all of this.