View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:17 AM
adambomb
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVO single tank conversion?

This question is for all you Veggie Power people.
I have been reading this board and posting threads on bio diesel and best processors to buy/make. I thought I was dead set on making BIO but now am leaning towards SVO or WVO conversions. Making Bio seems a little to complecated for me, i flunked out of chemistry in high school and there are so many little things that can go wrong. Don't get me wrong i don't think making bio diesel is imposible, i have made many small batches and have attended a two day class aswell. Sorry for all the background info i just wanted to get that all said.
So now i have been thinking should i do a single or duel tank VO conversion? I have just accuired a '83 mercedes 300td wagon and got it converted by lovecraftbiofuels.com yeasterday. When I was in there they were doing a powerstroke and the owner says the the powerstroke conversions are working out very well. Basicly they install a heating fuel filter bowl in line with the fuel system and just heats the fuel that you are using immediatly and does not heat the whole tank at once. They also install a booster fuel pump to help pump the cold veggie oil because it is thicker than diesel. The mercedes is running great but i care WAY more about my truck than the wagon and don't want to do anything that could destroy it. What do you think? Should I take my truck in to get converted?? Or should I look for other kits???
This place has excellent costomer service and is very knowledgeable and I would love to have them do my truck.

THANKS!