View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 03:07 AM
RobMcQ
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Thunder intake?

<!-- Edited by admin -- We use and sell a lot of the Blue Thunder FE intakes, both on cars and trucks. --> Due to it's Ford designed high velocity runners, it actually works quite well in trucks with a decent engine-typically a good 390/428. It's a bit big for the 352/360's to work without some more rpm's. Makes tons of torque with cams as small as 205-210* intake. Helps to have a good set of heads with a pocket port and/or CJ valves to take advantage of it-and no, the larger CJ valves do NOT hurt low end torque on 390 and bigger engines. On the dyno, the Blue Thunder starts pulling away from the RPM at about 2000-2500rpm, depending on set up of engine. Overall, you can expect a 20+hp gain over the RPM above 5000.

I do have a customer that took a bone stock, low mileage '68 360 and did a performance valve job, mild bit of pocket porting, and the BT intake-factory cam-and it runs damn well, even at 5000+ feet. Much better than I would have suspected, but the owner knows how to tune and maximize stock componentry.

<!-- If you have questions on the Blue Thunder products, you can use the icon to e-mail me or give me a call.
Rob McQuarie
Blue Oval Performance
303-762-8298 -->